Fundraising and Sponsorship
Are you the type of person who runs a marathon or does a triathlon just for fun before breakfast or do you fancy doing something extraordinary to raise money for Makomborero? If yes, we would love to hear from you today. Over the years we have had some wonderful people do some amazing things to boost our profile and raise money.
Inspired by Peter, one of our students who used to walk 15 miles a day each way to school, Stuart and some of his year 12 and 13 students at Sheffield High School walk 6 miles to school, through woodland, open countryside and parks on the outskirts of Sheffield, before completing a normal school day. They have run this fundraising event for several years and manage to raise a significant amount of money for Makomborero.
A team from Acturis Ltd, as well as a few Makomborero Trustees and supporters have, over the years, taken part in the Asics British 10K London Run. If you are running in this, the London Marathon or taking part in any other running challenges, please consider collecting sponsorship in aid of Makomborero.
We also continue to fundraise as a trust in Zimbabwe, asking local businesses to sponsor students.
What could you do for Makomborero?
- Run a 10K, a half-marathon or even a full marathon?
- Organise an online pub quiz?
- Compete in a triathlon or how about an Iron Man?
- Take the plunge with open water swimming?
- There is no limit to what you could do!
Makomborero partners with a number of fundraising platforms and all of these make it easy for you and in some cases, your team, to set up a fundraising page linked directly to the charity. Setting up a personal fundraising page is simple and free and the funds get sent directly to Makomborero!
- Virgin Money Giving – A global platform open to fundraiser from around the world.
- Click here to go to our Virgin Money Giving page and click “Start Fundraising” to create a personalised page.
- JustGiving – A well establishing giving platform that allows you to set up fundraising pages for a range of challenges.
- To set up a JustGiving page in support of Makomborero, click here. You will need to login or register and then you will see a choice of challenges.
- GlobalGiving – Great for fundraisers around the world and you can raise funds for our specific projects. To set up a fundraiser for:
- People’s Fundraising – Ideal for UK-based fundraisers and offers the option to set up auctions, lotteries or raffles to support of Makomborero.
- Set up a range of fundraising option with People’s Fundraising by clicking here.
So, if there is a challenge out there with your name on it and you want to do it in aid Makomborero, go for it!
Please let us know if you do as we would love to spread the word, cheer you on and help you make Makomborero stand out, so do contact us with your plans.
Thank you for your support of Makomborero!